How Can I Wash Their Feet?

If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet." John 13:14

I read this in my devotions a few days ago and was so convicted. If the Son of God, the Creator of everything around us, the Great Ruler of the universe - if God leaned down and washed the feet of men, how can I say that ANYTHING is ever beneath me? How can I feel put out when I have to so something that doesn't appeal to me? What gives me the right to take the easy road out and leaving others to do the undesirable tasks?


Everything - whether it's cleaning toilets at church, mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, changing a diaper - everything - should be done for the glory of God. Washing the feet of the disciples feet was Jesus' way of showing how to minister and serve others.

Going through the day, I want to think "How can I wash their feet?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
UA-47540551-1