New Week and Power of Positive Thinking!


Sorry for the delay in posting for a few days - last week I was sick in bed any free moment I wasn't working, so there wasn't much to post about anyway! But this week is going to be busy and crazy for me! I'm trying to finish up buying/making gifts for my family so I can send off their Christmas box, write regularly on my blog, and stick to my exercise routine/healthy eating.

Thought I would give you a little sneak peek into some post ideas I have for this week! I have a great cookie recipe I want to share with you - one that is super easy but also super healthy. I also just finished a fun DIY project, and I will post pictures from that fun craft! And because the holiday season in upon us, I thought I would write a post about some of my favorite Christmas gifts from the years past! And last but not least, I thought I would write a small post including some of the truths the Lord has been showing me the last few days/weeks in my devotions! So, stay tuned! It looks like a great week!

Now, as many of you have read or know, Mondays are my favorite day of the week. I love the starting of something new, the amazing opportunities that seem to be staring me in the face, daring me to overcome them.

I have dubbed Mondays on the blog to be "Motivational Mondays." I am a self-acclaimed, almost addicted Pinner - so I am always coming across some great quotes that I want to share with people - what better place than my blog? :)


The power of positive thinking is so powerful! Just looking at a situation differently really makes a difference in how you respond to it! People who constantly think negatively perceive everything through negative eyes, maybe even to the extreme that something good that happens can be perceived as bad, simply because of their outlook.But that works the other way too - thinking positive helps the situation to look different in a positive light. Some examples of some of my past thoughts and how I have changed how I look at situations by changing my perception. Exercising: I always thought of exercising as something horrible, something to be avoided, something that inflicted pain. But then I realized that the effects of thinking negatively about exercising was causing my body harm. I thought about the benefits of exercising, the way I feel afterwards, the confidence I feel after exercising on a regular basis - and those positive thoughts outweighed the negative outlook I had always had. Getting up early: I always thought that getting up early was painful, that going to bed early so I could get up early wasn't how my body worked, and that sleeping was so much better. Then I realized just how much more I could accomplish getting up early, that it was so beautiful to watch the sun come up, that getting up early allows me to start my day off right.

So, today, I wanted to come up with one positive thought for the day: Today is a new beginning and I can shape this day with positive thinking! 

What's your positive thought for the day?

Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
UA-47540551-1